Tuesday, 15 November 2016

Stop Motion Animation Assignment


Stop Motion Animation Assignment


This is my assignment about animation. I am going to be doing a model based animation, where i will be creating my own characters in model form. I will have two characters, one called Barry and one called Tokyo Joe. Tokyo Joe is a human eating monster, who loves to crawl around and eat people. The whole Animation is where Barry is walking down his street, and he hears about a monster called Tokyo Joe killing anyone in his sights. Tokyo Joe see's Barry and chases him. He then catches up with him and Tokyo Joe kills Barry, by eating him and swallowing him.

My animation will start with Barry walking down his street, as he is on his way to the park. He doesn't make it to the park as he see's the town monster start crawling towards him. Tokyo Joe finds Barry walking down the street. Barry starts walking back towards his house, Tokyo Joe then chases him and jumps on him to eat him. He eats his body and Tokyo Joe slides off down the road to end the animation.

When i come to creating my Animation i will need plain cardboard for a background so there is a plain background. I will create a human clay character, and a monster clay character. The monster will be a snake like orange clay character with a large mouth to eat people. The animation will be 20 Seconds long, i will need to take 750 Photo's to create my animation.

My animation will be very similar to Wallace and Gromit as it will be a model based clay animation. The characters will look similar as i am creating a human character.


I then created a Script which makes it easier for me to know what I am fully doing when it comes to filming and shooting my Animation. I created the script in Microsoft Word.



Backgrounds

This is one of the backgrounds i will be using for my animation as in the animation the character will walk down his street. As he spots the enemy Tokyo Joe sliding down his street.

30 Second Animation Complete 






I printed my background out and taped it to a plain white wooden board. I stood it up and positioned the camera i used which was a Hue flexible HD Classroom Camera. I then placed Barry in the frame and took shots of him walking down the street and spinning around until Tokyo Joe appeared slithering down the street and started to eat Barry and then walked off. The whole Animation was 30 seconds long then i edited the video in Adobe Premiere Pro and added music to create an atmosphere and feeling when watching it and added credits at the end.

Creating My Animation Questionnaire 

I created my questionnaire on SurveyMonkey, i added five questions to get feedback from my 30 second animation i created.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/PGB93KM



Feedback












I think my animation was brilliant. I spent a lot of time planning the animation, by creating and thinking of a story line which was very difficult trying to think of a scenario as i have never done anything like this before. I then had to design my characters that will be appearing in the Animation. For me there was two different characters, and it taken me a long time to think of a design and create. I then found a background for my movie, and then filmed it which taken a lot longer than i expected. Overall it was a lengthy project, but in the end and watching it when it's all completed with music. It was defiantly worth creating, and i think it is brilliant.

Looking at the feedback from my survey I created on Survey Monkey the feedback was amazing. I am very happy with the results from the survey, and very happy people enjoyed my animation after the time I put into creating it. The feedback showed that people really enjoyed the background, i thought it was a great choice because it was a bright colored background which made the characters stand out. People enjoyed the story line of my animation, which was a simple story line but very effective and entertaining. People also enjoyed the characters I created and used in my animation, and also thought the quality of the animation was good.

When it comes to improving my animation, question where people could choose what i should improve on it was the quality. I can improve the quality of my animation by either using a different choice of camera or get a more stable and better quality tripod to help the camera remain in the same place and the same level throughout the animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment